Electrical Condition Reports
Electrical installations tend to deteriorate as they age and their condition should be inspected and tested at intervals appropriate to the type of installation. These inspections/tests are referred to as Periodic Inspections.
- Your electrical installation should be inspected/tested at the following intervals:
- 10 years – owned home that is occupied.
- 5 years – rented home
- 3 years – caravan
- 1 year – swimming pool
There are other times when a periodic inspection should be carried out:
- A property being prepared for letting.
- Purchasing a previously-occupied property or prior to selling.
- The inspection and tests will be undertaken using BS 7671 as the regulatory basis for Electrical Installations. It will highlight any defects, overloaded circuits, potential faults that may result in shocks and bonding/earthing not meeting current requirements.
- This will include the condition of Consumer Units/Fuse Boards, extent of wear and tear, state of the wiring, condition and suitability of accessories such as socket outlets, switches, ceiling roses, lack of RCD protection, correct identification in place and any changes made to the installation or premises since the previous inspection/tests.
- On completion we would issue a comprehensive Electrical Installation Condition Report that would detail all the results and compliance’s, but also highlight any defects and faults requiring more immediate attention.
- The inspection and testing should be undertaken by a competent electrician and SPK Electrical technicians have the necessary skills and experience to undertake this work.
- We could carry out the Inspection/Testing procedure and also undertake PAT testing in one visit at your premises.
We look forward to receiving your enquiries and producing a quote for Periodic Inspection/Testing of your premises.